The Art of M&A® for Divestiture & Carve-Out Leaders / Live-Online / May 2023
Divestitures are not “acquisitions” spelled backward – they are amongst the most challenging transaction types to execute well from end to end. Even for highly experienced acquirers, divestitures require an entirely different level of readiness and experience than most acquisitions.
This live-online training course will help you and your organization lead, plan, launch and execute a successful sell-side divestiture or buy-side carve-out acquisition (D/CO). Every session provides essential learnings, processes, and best practices necessary to drive strategic growth through MA&D and for building a more robust and repeatable M&A capability within your organization’s business portfolio.
Who Should Attend:
- Key Executives (CFOs, Business Unit GMs, VP Strategy/Corporate Development, etc)
- Corporate Development Deal Leads
- Separation or Integration Leads
- Separation Management Office Leads and Program Managers
- Functional Workstream Leads and Dedicated Workstream Program Managers
What You’ll Learn:
- The divestiture lifecycle, Separation Management Office (SMO) and playbook
- Preparing for the sale: sell-side due diligence and financial considerations
- Preparing for the sale: business and operational considerations
- Divestiture challenges and lessons learned
- Developing and managing Transition Services Agreements (TSAs)
- Addressing the people issues during divestitures and carve-outs
- Untangling IT and shared services – transitioning to the buyer
- TSA challenges and hot spots
- Carve-out buyer complexities and best practices
- Optimizing the seller’s remaining business
This instructor-led, live-online course provides an overview of essential steps, decision inputs, lessons learned, best practices, and insights to apply. Conducted over three days in 3.5-hour sessions, each day offers breakout exercises, real-world case examples, Q&A, and virtual small group assignments that will help you identify and apply fundamental principles and practical applications that will guide your organization to M&A success. Participants will be guided through the event by world-class, senior M&A practitioners—with collective experience of hundreds of deals across nearly every industry vertical.
Our events are held on the Zoom platform. Please check with your IT department to verify your ability to use this platform. You can learn more about the system requirements and download the latest Zoom Security White Paper for more detailed information.
Tuition and Discounts:
Standard Price: $1750
Cost After Discount
|Early Bird (until one week before event)||10%||You save $175||$1,575|
|Alumni (past participant)||20%||You save $350||$1,400|
(you may sign up during registration)
|30%||You save $525||$1,225|
Groups of 3 or more (from same company, attending same event)
Please call our office
Payment is accepted by credit card or ACH (invoice available at registration; payment is due prior to receipt of access link).
*Only one discount per person per event; must be applied at time of registration
Participants of this course will receive 42 CMAS credits
M&A Leadership Council is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.