The Art of M&A for Divestitures & Carve-Outs™
Prepare for the new era of mergers and acquisitions, where divestitures will be a strategic staple for business growth. Though divestitures share some features of acquisitions, they are usually much more complicated. This program is a must for C-level executives, Corporate Development officers and functional leaders who will be planning and executing effective divestitures to increase corporate value. This training program walks through the entire life cycle of a divestiture, from analyzing key business drivers and structuring the Transition Services Agreement (TSA), to dealing with dynamic change management issues and optimizing the remaining business.
Our unique workshop-style programs include case studies, breakout sessions and panel discussions, along with ample time for networking with presenters and colleagues.
- Overview: Similarities and differences between acquisitions and divestitures; best practices; lessons learned; and critical success factors
- The business drivers for divestitures and spin-offs
- Divestiture types and setting your strategy
- Divestiture life cycle, with focus and priorities at each stage
- Preparing for sale - Seller's due diligence
- Structuring and managing the Transition Services Agreement (TSA)
- Dealing with people issues: Sell-side and buy-side
- Optimizing seller's remaining business
- IT divestiture lessons learned and best practices