Ellen Federman is a member of WTW's Global M&A Practice and is the M&A lead for the East Division of the U.S. Ellen focuses on business and HR strategy and complex project management within the context of corporate transactions. Her recent client engagements have included:
- Serving as engagement lead for a financial services industry client integrating a series of asset acquisitions and equity purchases
- Supporting financial services spin-offs of divisions into joint ventures
- Serving as lead for asset purchase of businesses out of U.S. bankruptcy addressing benefits and other human capital services required to stand up the business as an independent entity
- Developing and delivering innovative global post-merger cultural integration program for a German-headquartered biopharmaceutical company involving 1,000 workshops in dozens of languages
- Conducting strategy development, organizational effectiveness and process redesign studies across a wide range of industries and functions
- Providing organization design support for the largest oil and gas merger in Canadian history, with particular focus on achievement of synergy targets
Prior to joining WTW, Ellen was a partner in the law firm of Soller, Shayne & Horn, where her clients included multinational industrial and consumer products companies, financial institutions and professional service providers. Her practice focused on regulatory affairs and compliance, licensing, strategic planning and risk management. She has represented clients before federal and state agencies, including Treasury, Commerce and Justice, and has represented clients in federal and state courts.
Ellen has an MBA from the Tuck School at Dartmouth College, a J.D. from the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law and her undergraduate degree from Cornell University.